NEWS UPDATE FROM THE ACTS MISSIONS BOARD (June 2011):
STL ACTS Missions Board News Update June 2011:
We are pleased to announce two new mission retreat directors who have accepted the call: Anne Grant (Seven Holy Founders 1st Women's ACTS Retreat, Nov. 3-6, Sojourn) and Rich Fava (Holy Redeemer 2nd Men's ACTS Retreat, Oct. 27-30, LaSalle). Please keep them in your prayers.
- Jeanne Moore has been appointed to complete the final year of Missions Board member Marty Useted's term.
- The Missions Board has amended its charter to expand from 7 voting members to 9. We thank retiring board members, Jeff Schulenberg and Deb Borgman, for their many years of service. In July, we welcome new Missions Board members Lou Rotter (Our Lady of Providence), Vicki Voss (Sacred Heart Valley Park), Mariann Wedel (Annunciation) and Jerry Willick (St.Simon the Apostle) to three year terms.
- Beginning in July, the monthly Missions Board meetings will move from St. Joe to Annunciation Parish due to the capital campaign building project at St. Joe.
- The next ACTS Leadership Workshop is July 9th at Mary Queen of Peace. The registration form is available on our website at www.stlouis-acts.org
- Visit our website for info about upcoming summer events. The registration form or flyers for these special events are posted on the website
- LaSalle's 125th Anniversary Celebration on Friday, July 8th. Archbishop Carlson will celebrate mass at 5 pm followed by a barbecue dinner. The Retreat Center will be rededicated to the mission of "Faith Inspired by Service". All families and friends are invited to attend.
- LaSalle Annual Golf Tournament August 12th
- Annual ACTS Picnic and Outdoor Mass, July 31 at LaSalle. Rain Date Aug. 7th
- Please pray for these mission retreats to be held over the summer:
- St. Cecelia 1st Spanish Women's (Lorie Madriz), June 30-July 3
- Holy Redeemer 2nd Women's (Mary Anne Pickering,), July 14-17
- Immaculate Conception, Columbia, IL, 1st Women's (Angela Fiordelisi) July 28-31
- Most Sacred Heart Eureka 2nd Men's (Russ Weil), August 4-7
- St. Cecelia 2nd Spanish Men (Antonio Murillo), Aug. 18-21